A pool cover pump removes water from a pool cover in a quick, easy, and efficient manner. So, you can forget the days of rounding up your gym-going friends to lift the pool cover off the pool. Basically, a swimming pool cover pump will make pool maintenance a walk in the park. Of course, a higher capacity pump would be needed for big-sized pools. So, dont get one without full-proof research.
Should I get an Automatic or Manual Pool Cover Pump?
Pool cover pumps come in two different designs: automatic and manual cover pump. Both are light and compact, but the automatic ones need to be plugged to a power output. On the bright side, an automatic pool cover pump will work on its own with the least amount of human intervention. The pump will turn on automatically when it detects water on the surface, and it will turn itself off when the cover gets nearly dry. A cover pump of this nature is highly suitable for larger pools.
A manual pool cover pump will require physical intervention, which means that you will have to physically turn it on and off to make it work. Unlike automatic cover pumps, you wont need batteries or electricity because the unit will use the water pressure to remove standing water from the pool cover. Also, manual pool cover pumps are less expensive than the electric counterparts. So, you can consider them for smaller-sized pools or for emptying spas or hot tubs.
Shopping Factors to Consider
- If you live in a place that experiences heavy rainfall, you should get a swimming cover pump thats capable of pumping off a lot of water each hour.
- If you are considering an automatic pump, pay attention to the length of the cord as well. If its too short, you might have to get an extension cord.
- If you live in freezing weather, you may want to choose a unit that comes with automatic freeze protection technology, which will protect the motor when the unit is left out for too long. Special winter pool cover pumps are available for this purpose.
- Also, inspect how well the pool cover pump handles all the leaves and debris. Good units have a filter in place to keep running without getting clogged because of leaves and debris.
Word of Advice
In houses with kids and pets, its safer to opt for an automatic pool cover pump over a manual swimming cover pump to prevent undesirable water puddles.
|1||Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V, Blue||3234||9.6||Little Giant||Shop on Amazon|
|2||FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH) – 22 Foot Heavy Duty Kink-Proof Drainage Hose||2713||9.4||Fibropool||Shop on Amazon|
|3||Swimline 5436 Hydrotools Saver Automatic Water Siphon Pump Pool Cover Maintenance Accessory, White||2645||9.2||Swimline||Shop on Amazon|
|4||Pool Cover Pump Above Ground Sump Pumps 850GPH Water Removal With 3 Adapters 16ft Drainage Hose (Blue)||66||9.0||Surmountway||Shop on Amazon|
|5||Hayward W3SP2610X15 Super Pump Pool Pump, 1.5 HP||835||8.8||Hayward||Shop on Amazon|
|6||BLACK+DECKER Variable Speed In Ground Swimming Pool Pump (1.5 HP)||506||8.5||Black+Decker||Shop on Amazon|
|7||Wayne 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump||1459||8.4||Wayne||Shop on Amazon|
|8||EDOU 850 GPH Swimming Pool Cover Pump Above Ground,Including 16' Drainage Hose and 3 Adapters,Ideal for Water Removal,Blue and Black||2461||8.0||Edou||Shop on Amazon|
|9||Bestway 56717E Power Steel Swim Vista 18' x 9' x 48" Outdoor Oval Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with 1500 …||116||7.6||Bestway||Shop on Amazon|
|10||AgiiMan Pool Cover Pump, 1100 GPH Submersible Water Pump for Pool Draining with Adjustable Filter, 16' Drainage Hose and 25' …||55||7.3||Agiiman||Shop on Amazon|
What is the best pool cover pump on the market?
We consider Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V, Blue by Little Giant the best pool cover pump on the market (number 1 on our list for October 2021).
Main features of Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V, Blue published by seller are:
- EASY CLEAN with its removable intake screen for manageable maintenance.
- EASY ACCESS to pump float for cleaning requires no tools or screws.
- ERGONOMIC BUILT for portability and ease of placement and removal.
- COMPACT SIZE for stability on pool cover with 3/4" Garden Hose Connection and a 25" Power Cord.
- INTEGRATED FLOAT switch for reliable automatic operation and easily activates in 2" of water.
- SIDE DISCHARGE for optimal water removal.
Little Giant 577301 APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V, Blue is the only product in the list sold by Little Giant.
You may also check other products from the top 3, such as FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH) – 22 Foot Heavy or Swimline 5436 Hydrotools Saver Automatic Water Siphon Pump Pool Cover Maintenance Accessory, White.