A pool cover pump removes water from a pool cover in a quick, easy, and efficient manner. So, you can forget the days of rounding up your gym-going friends to lift the pool cover off the pool. Basically, a swimming pool cover pump will make pool maintenance a walk in the park. Of course, a higher capacity pump would be needed for big-sized pools. So, dont get one without full-proof research.
Should I get an Automatic or Manual Pool Cover Pump?
Pool cover pumps come in two different designs: automatic and manual cover pump. Both are light and compact, but the automatic ones need to be plugged to a power output. On the bright side, an automatic pool cover pump will work on its own with the least amount of human intervention. The pump will turn on automatically when it detects water on the surface, and it will turn itself off when the cover gets nearly dry. A cover pump of this nature is highly suitable for larger pools.
A manual pool cover pump will require physical intervention, which means that you will have to physically turn it on and off to make it work. Unlike automatic cover pumps, you wont need batteries or electricity because the unit will use the water pressure to remove standing water from the pool cover. Also, manual pool cover pumps are less expensive than the electric counterparts. So, you can consider them for smaller-sized pools or for emptying spas or hot tubs.
Shopping Factors to Consider
- If you live in a place that experiences heavy rainfall, you should get a swimming cover pump thats capable of pumping off a lot of water each hour.
- If you are considering an automatic pump, pay attention to the length of the cord as well. If its too short, you might have to get an extension cord.
- If you live in freezing weather, you may want to choose a unit that comes with automatic freeze protection technology, which will protect the motor when the unit is left out for too long. Special winter pool cover pumps are available for this purpose.
- Also, inspect how well the pool cover pump handles all the leaves and debris. Good units have a filter in place to keep running without getting clogged because of leaves and debris.
Word of Advice
In houses with kids and pets, its safer to opt for an automatic pool cover pump over a manual swimming cover pump to prevent undesirable water puddles.
|1||Superior Pump 91250 Utility Pump, 1/4 HP, Black||3147||9.6||Superior Pump||Shop on Amazon|
|2||WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology,Yellow||2485||9.4||Wayne||Shop on Amazon|
|3||FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH)||2698||9.3||Fibropool||Shop on Amazon|
|4||Aquabeacon Pool Cover Pump 600GPH – 16 Foot Heavy-Duty Kink Proof Hose, Weather Resistant and Rust Proof – Above Ground …||360||9.1||Aquabeacon||Shop on Amazon|
|5||Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V||3219||9.0||Little Giant||Shop on Amazon|
|6||EDOU 850 GPH Swimming Pool Cover Pump Above Ground,Including 16' Drainage Hose and 3 Adapters,Ideal for Water Removal,Blue and Black||2458||8.9||Edou||Shop on Amazon|
|7||Little Giant PCP550 14942702 Pool Cover Pump, Pack of 1||1586||8.8||Little Giant||Shop on Amazon|
|8||The Cover Pump 350 GPH With Auto On/Off||1030||8.5||Ocean Blue||Shop on Amazon|
|9||Wayne 57729-WYNP WAPC250 Pool Cover Pump||1457||8.3||Wayne||Shop on Amazon|
|10||Ocean Blue Water Products 195091 Electric Cover Pump, 350 GPH||180||8.0||Ocean Blue Water Products||Shop on Amazon|
What is the best pool cover pump on the market?
We consider Superior Pump 91250 Utility Pump, 1/4 HP, Black by Superior Pump the best pool cover pump on the market (number 1 on our list for June 2020).
Main features of Superior Pump 91250 Utility Pump, 1/4 HP, Black published by seller are:
- 1/4 HP Utility pump moves up to 1,800 gallons per hour; pump will lift water up to 25' of vertical …
- Tough thermoplastic construction; 10' cord length
- 1-1/4 inch NPT discharge for high capacity pumping; includes 3/4 inch garden hose adapter
- Removable suction screen and handles up to 1/8 inch solids
- Superior Pumps are Built to Last, engineered with quality components and are 100% factory tested
Superior Pump 91250 Utility Pump, 1/4 HP, Black is the only product in the list sold by Superior Pump.
You may also check other products from the top 3, such as WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology,Yellow or FibroPool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH).